MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Desktop Icon Resolution
October 15, 2019, 10:35:23 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2019, 10:35:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Desktop Icon Resolution  (Read 1498 times)
d.brewster

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2002, 09:06:29 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Win 98SE
Problem Application Name & Version: Desktop
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Comtrade PC w ATC-6130
Error Messages:

Win 98 SE desktop
No Name (Comtrade) computer with ATC-6130 motherboard

This problem drives me batty. I lived through it with the original video card and monitor and now with an ATI card and an NEC LCD. After any overhauls, ie. OS or video I view these wonderful 3D icons. Some reboots later (or opening software I haven't determined) the icons look like Win3.1 or thereabouts. Meanwhile, screen resolution and graphics on the IE while surfing are fine.

Anyone have a suggestion?
Regards, Derrick

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2003, 09:41:08 PM »

Hi,

Check your Display settings from the control panel and verify that the "Colors" are set higher than 256 colors.

Some older Windows games change the display settings to function and sometimes don't reset them correctly, or if the game crashes won't set them back.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
d.brewster

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2003, 05:14:04 AM »

Sylvain,

Thanks for your response but unfortunately this is not the answer.  Another clue however is that when I see the true color (32 bit) 'bar' I can see there that I am not really getting beyond the low resolution.  

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Hi,

Check your Display settings from the control panel and verify that the "Colors" are set higher than 256 colors.

Some older Windows games change the display settings to function and sometimes don't reset them correctly, or if the game crashes won't set them back.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2003, 04:16:08 PM »

Hi,

Do you have Microsoft Plus 98 installed? If so, try going back to the original Windows theme. I have seen where some themes make your icons look bad.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
d.brewster

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 03:44:01 AM »

Sylvain,

Thank you again for trying.  This also does not work.

Derrick

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2003, 01:24:59 PM »

Hi Derrick,

The answer to your problem is Microangleo 5.0. It has a utility that sets the icon resolution to match your screen res.

Check your email in box for the answer

Berty

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2003, 04:36:44 PM »

I'm so tired that I forgot to tell you to go to the control panel, then click on display, then click on effects, then check the box that says display icons at using all possible colours.

It matches the screen res.

Fixed

Berty

sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: