MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Forum Support arrow Forum Related Questions arrow Topic: unsubscribing to forums
October 16, 2019, 10:39:00 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2019, 10:39:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: unsubscribing to forums  (Read 5054 times)
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2005, 08:20:20 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I must be pretty stupid, but I can't figure out how to unsubscribe to some of the forums.  Is there a way I can get them all at once and unsubscribe to them all?  I enjoy reading the e-mails sent to me, but sometimes I don't need them if they don't apply to my particular problem.

I would like to be able to subscribe and/or unsubscribe as required.

On another matter....sometimes I can't seem to be able to sign in as easily as I once could.  Is it something I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Gere

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 08:30:27 PM »

You mean here? Press the same link above as where you first pressed Subscribe to topic, or subscribe to forum (or subscribe to boards). The link will have changed into Unsubscribe from topic, forum, board.

Since we changed web-hosts, the signing in should be going much faster, as do the whole of the forums.

Jord.
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 08:36:35 PM »

Hi,

You can also click on the "My Subscriptions" link at the top of the page to see all your subscriptions and remove to ones you don't want.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 02:14:52 PM »

Originally posted by Admin

Hi,

I guess I must be doing something wrong.  I press on My Subscriptions and unsubscribe, yet I still keep getting lots of e-mails.  Maybe I shouldn't be unsubscribing...is there a way just to not get all the e-mails?  But I did press every unsubscribe and I still get the mail! Sad

Gere

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 02:50:37 PM »

Hi,

I see you are still subscribed to the "Security & Viruses" forum and half a dozen topics. This means every time someone posts in "Security & Viruses", you will get an email.

When you go to "My Subscriptions", is the list empty?

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 08:46:49 PM »

No, it's not empty.  It takes me to a list.  For example, Internet & Email is set to forum, as is Security & Viruses, and others say forum is set to Category.  I do like to receive an email notification when my posted topic is answered, but just don't want to get emails for all the others.  I must have changed something recently.  I never used to get all the emails before.

Gere

Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 09:11:23 PM »

Duh....here's "stupid" again.  I  think I finally figured out how to unsubscribe.  So I'll watch my email and see if it worked, and will let you know.  I hope it doesn't prevent me from receiving email responses when I submit another question!

Thanks for your time everybody.

Gere

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 10:03:03 PM »

Hi Gere,

You should unsubscribe from the "Category Level Subscriptions" and "Forum Level Subscriptions" but keep the "Topic" subscriptions you want.

Sylvain Amyot

Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 02:25:36 PM »

I hate to bother you again, but I cannot seem to stop getting e-mails from all the forums!  I have unsubscribed to all of them, as far as I know.  I click on "unsubscribe" and that little yellow thing comes up and I click yes, that I am sure.  I hate to ask you to walk me through it "step by step".  What's the first thing I should do?  Apparently whatever it is, I'm not getting it! Is there anybody else like me?

Thanks....

Gere

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2005, 05:36:56 PM »

Hi Gere,

You were subscribed to the entire board which I removed.
Now if you go to your "My Subscriptions", it should be empty.

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: