MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: wire colour code packard bell 2160 o/p to comp
November 14, 2019, 11:44:18 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 14, 2019, 11:44:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wire colour code packard bell 2160 o/p to comp  (Read 1780 times)
jalmmm

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2005, 05:49:59 AM »

Hi can anyone help I need the wire colour code for the output leed
from a packard bell model 2160 to the svga plug, some one has cut the plug off. Or has anyone got a duff 2160 that has got the svga plug.
if so would they sell it to me.the leed also has the 3.5m stero audio o/p plug in the svga leed. email me at bossjal@yahoo.co.uk
thank all John..

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 09:48:27 PM »

http://wired.hard.ru/data/pin_VGA15.shtml should help you on your way. You will need a volt meter.
Else ask your local TV & monitor repair shop if they can help.

Jord.
jalmmm

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 03:04:45 PM »

Hi jee
thanks for the link will have a look to day
let ya konw if if helps ... I`ve only had my soldering iron licence for the last 30 years or so Smiley.. repaired tons of radios tx rx / tv`s / videos / radar / satalite / navigation and computers in my time, all at componet level, but never repaired a monitor just replaced them coz there so cheep as referbs, but this one works and it seams a shame to s**** it for the sake of a plug.
 thanks john

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »

Then this shouldn't be much of a problem. All of the monitors, it doesn't matter what brand they are, use the same wiring scheme (maybe dif. colours). But if you were to open up the cable close to one (working) monitor's VGA connector, you'd be able to work out where what went with the pin scheme I gave in the link above.

Having done this twice myself, I would advice the help of a friend who holds the connector, or a vice, and very steady hands. Grin

Jord.
jalmmm

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 09:46:02 PM »

Hi Jord

I have an old duff monitor to pinch the svga leed and plug from
so I get on with it this week some time. also have duff old vide card so I will remove the svga socket from it and put wires in each pin,
so that I can use crock clip as 3rd hand on DMM.. I`LL let ya know how I get on some time next week

john

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: