MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Web Page
December 05, 2019, 05:49:58 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 05, 2019, 05:49:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Web Page  (Read 1522 times)
weckwarth

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2002, 07:53:14 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows 98
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I am using Compserve as my ISP
Where do I go to bring up another Web Page than Compsrve when I first get on line?

foggy

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2002, 02:40:53 AM »

In Internet Explorer, navigate to the page you would like to use as your home page.  Go to TOOLS on the menu bar and then to INTERNET OPTIONS.  On the GENERAL tab, you will see an ADDRESS field in the HOME PAGE section.  Click on the USE CURRENT box under the address field.

weckwarth

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2002, 04:32:47 AM »

Thanks but this does not change the site that first comes up when I get on line. Yes it will change the site when I click on IE.

datman_in

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2002, 12:16:16 PM »

In Internet Explorer, navigate to the page you would like to use as your home page,copy the address(URL)in address bar . Go to TOOLS on the menu bar and then to INTERNET OPTIONS. On the GENERAL tab, you will see an ADDRESS field in the HOME PAGE section. Paste it there and click on the USE CURRENT box under the address field. After this click on apply box that will be in right bottom of this screne. UR work is done

weckwarth

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2002, 05:13:16 PM »

Datman:I must have received 5 replies which direct me to IE to change my home page. That is not the question. I could do that before I submitted the inquiry. The question is, now pay attention, How do you change the compuserve web page that comes up when you first get on line with compuserve?

datman_in

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2003, 08:52:19 AM »

did compuserve installation was from a cd for dialup. and if u have installed there explorer that was there on cd as part of installation, then uninstall it and follow the above resolution

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2003, 08:19:58 PM »

Hi weckwarth,

I am not familair with compuserve, can you enlighten me? Does compuserver use IE, Netscape or a proprietary browser? You will have to look at your browser's options to change the homepage.
Does the compuserve page only load using a particular shortcut? If so, check the shortcut properties (right click icon, then properties) to make sure the compuserve address is not part of the shortcut.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: