MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Wireless Devices Problems arrow Topic: belkin network wireless card problem
October 18, 2019, 12:49:08 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2019, 12:49:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: belkin network wireless card problem  (Read 7117 times)
amigo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2005, 01:37:36 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:xp pro (sp1)
Problem Application Name & Version:belkin wireless notebook network card(F5D7010)802.11g
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:hi i have a problem installing belkin wireless network notebook card on my compaq presario 900 notebook.after installing it shows that "incompatible driver found unable to load application" message.i also downloaded new driver version.still have the same problem.any suggestions please...

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 04:59:03 PM »

Hi amigo
Uninstall the driver, software and remove the card.
Then go to the Start, run, C:\windows\inf and delete the Belkin folder.
Install the latest driver downloaded from this link:
http://www.belkin.com/support/download/download.asp?download=F5D7010&lang=1&mode=

Then add the adapter.

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 01:12:26 PM »

Hi guys,

I'm also having problems installing the F5D7010. I had it running fine on my Asus L1 series laptop under WinXP Home, but since I clean-installed WinXP Pro, I haven't been able to re-install. I'm using the latest driver, and the PC card is not installed (although I mistakenly left it in the very first time I tried the re-install). Each time I run the driver install, it hangs at 89% setup status, whilst installing "C:\WINDOWS\system32\APCMCIAFIRSTHW..."

Each time it fails, I have to do a system restore to an earlier restore point, otherwise it won;t let me run the script. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

doylela2000

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 10:50:35 PM »

Hi,

I've the same problem as Sammy. I have an Inspiron 5000 which I've reformatted and upgraded to Windows XP (not sure if SP1 or SP2). Whenever I try running the Belkin install software it hangs at "performing the requested operations" with file "c:\windows\System32\APCMCIAFIRSTHW".

The task manager says the program is running. I've tried uninstalling the existing PCMCIA adapter drivers but it didn't solve the problem - in fact while the program hangs Windows has found TI PCI-1225 CardBus drivers and installed them. There is no response from the wireless card if you plug it in.

Any assistance appreciated.

Liam.

doylela2000

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 10:24:44 PM »

Hi,

Re-installed win xp and re-ran the belkin software - card installed fine.

Liam.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: