MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Creative Audgiy ZS sound card problem..
December 13, 2019, 02:40:29 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2019, 02:40:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Creative Audgiy ZS sound card problem..  (Read 1400 times)
DJ Chad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2005, 08:47:45 PM »

I'm unable to change my IRQ settings.

I can't change my IRQ for my crative Audgiy ZS sound card. why and how can I fix this problem?

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 09:39:42 PM »

BIOS. Unless you're using Windows XP or Windows 2000, you can always change the IRQ settings in the BIOS of the motherboard. Since you never give any more information that the card you have a problem with, check your mobo manual (BIOS setup) how to do this.

Jord.
DJ Chad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 01:15:19 AM »

Jee:

I'm using windows xp how can I change my IRQ settings in the BIOS of the motherboard? I've bever done this before? What kind of information are you needing? I can provide you... Thanks

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 01:38:14 AM »

Under XP you can change any settings for IRQ in the BIOS what you want, and it will be ignored due to XP's nature of using ACPI instead of listening to the BIOS.

The only way to force another IRQ to be used under XP, is to move the card to another PCI slot. Check your motherboard manual for which IRQs are used by what PCI slot.

Jord.
DJ Chad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 12:15:14 PM »

Jee:

So I go into my BIOS and then I go into the IRQ settings right? Then what do I change the numbers under the IRQ's to?

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 02:01:15 PM »

Can you read English? The ONLY way to force another IRQ under Windows XP is by moving the actual card to another PCI slot. Check in your motherboard manual which PCI slots take (and share) which IRQs.

You can only change the IRQs in the BIOS and let them stick there if you are using Windows 95 or 98. You aren't. Just for once don't skimread over advice given.

Jord.
DJ Chad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 11:31:53 PM »

Jee:

I've gone into the BIOS just like you said for me to try and it looked like it was disabled so enabled it and tryed all of the IRQ's such as 5,7,10 & I/O's is set at 1 and the IRQ is set at 10... These are my SB settings I/O C400-C43F & IRQ 03 once I have changed it, it still makes that sqeeking noise why?

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 11:43:35 PM »

Because you cannot read written English. Your audio card is an audio card, not onboard, not run under widnwos 95 or 98, you cannot change the IRQs in the BIOS.

Power down the PC, then detach the power cable from the back of the PC.
You must physically open the case and unscrew the audio card in the back of the case, remove it from its slot and move it to a free other PCI slot (white probably) in your PC. Push down the card, screw down the card and re-attach the powercables, then reboot.

When you boot up, go into your BIOS, and make sure you disabled the ONBOARD SOUND. Save BIOS before exiting.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 11:45:31 PM by Ageless » Logged

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: