MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Reboot loop and Bleu screen
November 20, 2019, 02:14:40 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2019, 02:14:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reboot loop and Bleu screen  (Read 3995 times)
jopie

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2005, 11:58:10 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:windows xp home OEM
Problem Application Name & Version:XP home
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:c000021a

I have win xp home pent 4 I have a blue screen...
STOP c000021A Fatal System error.The Session Manager Initialization System Process Terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xcooooo34 [0x00000000 ox00000000]. The system has shut down.

the system reboots every time.
nothing helps i tried F8:
last known start up  
save mode

nothing works every time the system is rebooting .

How can is solve this problem

Please help!:)

Greatings JOPIE
Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 01:56:57 PM »

What did you do before you got this error? Did you install something, and if yes, what?

Wat heb je gedaan voordat je deze foutmelding kreeg? Heb je iets geinstalleerd, en zo ja, wat precies?

do take a look at: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316503&sd=RMVP

Jord.
jopie

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 02:15:07 PM »

i didn't do something special.
also i don't have roxio go back

Greatings JOPIE
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 02:40:52 PM »

Seeing how the advice for Windows XP Professional is to perform a parallel Windows XP Professional installation onto a separate partition or drive, I'll take the plunge and tell you to reinstall Windows.

Sorry.

Jord.
jopie

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 03:14:19 PM »

Sorry Jee i don't know wat you mean.

Kan je het ff in het Nederlands vertellen.
ik heb wel gevonden een parallel install van NT4 maar niet van XP home bij microsoft
en daarna iets aan het register veranderen.

hoor het wel van je THX

Greatings JOPIE
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 04:33:27 PM »

Sorry English speaking folks, but we're going to try this in Dutch.

Jopie,

Ik zit hier even te kijken hoe ik dit op zou lossen in Windows 2000. Want de enige hulp in de MSKB is voor Windows XP Pro.

Volgens de Windows 2000 manier zou het zo moeten:
To troubleshoot Stop error 0xC000021A

1. Remove any newly installed hardware (RAM, adapters, hard disks, modems, and so on).
(Verwijder alle nieuw geinstalleerde hardware, voor zover van toepassing)

2.If you are unable to log on, restart your computer. When the list of available operating systems appears, press F8. On the Windows 2000 Advanced Options Menu screen, select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
(Dat is die Last good known configuration die je al geprobeerd hebt, maar daarom vroeg ik of je iets geinstalleerd had, hardware of software, wat dit veroorzaakt had.)

3.Run Recovery Console and allow the system to repair any errors that it detects.
(Deze procedure is een beetje anders in WinXP. Hiervoor moet je opstarten met je Windows XP CD, dan wanneer de Windows Setup begint volg de gewone manier van Windows opzetten, druk **NIET** op R voor de Recovery Console (Repair Windows), maar volg de instructies voor normale setup. Je komt daarbij langs de License Agreement (F8 om verder te gaan), dan op het volgende scherm heb je weer een optie om Windows te repareren. Kies deze. Volg de verdere instructies op het scherm, kies de goede Windows versie die je wilt repareren en laat setup dan z'n gang gaan. Eens kijken of we Windows zo weer aan de praat kunnen krijgen.)

Weet wel dat je met deze Windows reparatie alle Service Packs en andere hotfixes verliest. Als het goed is verlies je geen andere data, maar voordat je het internet opgaat, zorg er wel voor dat je je Service Pack(s) terug hebt gezet of op z'n minst een firewall hebt geinstalleerd, anders ben je binnen 2 minuten geinfecteerd met welke worm dan ook (en verder van huis).

Jord.
jopie

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 05:49:43 PM »

OK thx now i understand it.
But the other problem occurs.
When i want to start the setup from the Xp home cd after pressing f8 i do not see the possibility to choose recover.
I only can choose on witch participation (C:)i want to install xp.
after i did choose the right one (C:) i did get the messige that on the C:/Windows already a operating system is instaled.
Do you want to install xp y/n.

But nothing about recover.Huh?

Greatings JOPIE
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 06:22:46 PM »

It would seem your version of the XP CD is a recovery CD, not a real (OEM) Windows XP CD.

Yet, since you're trying to get Windows working again, this may be the only way, unless you find a friend who has an original Windows XP CD. Only with that can you make a repair of Windows, as shown here.

Ik bedoel dus dat er een verschil zit tussen een Recovery CD en een echte Windows XP CD. De Recovery CD zal de hele partitie weghalen en opnieuw terugzetten en daarna Windows opnieuw installeren. Je bent daarna dus alle data op je harde schijf kwijt.

Jord.
jopie

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 06:41:07 PM »

THe cd i have is a OEM version. maby it is just the other way.
That i need a recovery cd instead of a OEM cd??

Greatings JOPIE
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 07:06:34 PM »

The Original Equipment Manufacturer CD is usually just a normal Windows CD without a box. Comes in a white sleeve with the serial number either on the sleeve or as a sticker someplace on the PC case.

But there are also OEM CDs which are nothing more than recovery CDs. Meaning it's got the Windows version on it, with all the drivers for that specific PC. Using these will always put the PC back in its original form, just like when you first bought it.

You cannot repair Windows with these CDs. Only set Windows back up as it was when you first unwrapped the case and set it up. Using these CDs will totally destroy any data that is already on the harddrive, because the setup software will just overwrite all predefined sectors of the harddrive. All extra partitions will be deleted as well.

Jord.
jopie

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 07:42:55 PM »

ok thx
i did find that it also could be a bad RAM so at this moment i am trying to do a ramtest with the memtest86+ program

Greatings JOPIE
jopie

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 08:15:43 PM »

ok the memtest came out full off errors on both off the DDR PC2100 256MB modules.
Strange that they are both dammaged.

Is this something normal or is there possible something else wrong also?Huh?

Greatings JOPIE
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 08:36:15 PM »

The error your Windows is pointing to shows that it is missing something, probably Windows Logon (Winlogon). That could be due to a write back error from the RAM. where the RAM was used for the Windows logon procedure, but the actual contents of the RAM never been written back to RAM due to errors.

I just mean to say that adding new RAM won't fix the Windows boot error overnight.
If you know what kind of harddrive you have, you could just as well run a harddrive diagnostic tool from the drive's manufacturer, just to make sure it's not the harddrive as well.

How many errors did memtest86 give you, and in which sectors?

Jord.
jopie

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 07:24:01 AM »

Even The Memtest is in a loop.
I did start it and let it on over the night and after 7.51h it was still running.
I did make a screenshot but i cant upload it
I think because of a firewall ar t my work.

but one of the lines is:
test 7 past 21 failing adress 00011963f58- 281.1MB Good dddf402a Bad dddf406e ERR-Bits 00000044 Count 1

Totaal erors 995495
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 08:02:27 AM by jopie » Logged

Greatings JOPIE
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 08:27:49 AM »

What brand & model of motherboard do you have?
And what brand is the memory?

Jord.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 

Jump to: