MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: problem with intel d865PERL
July 06, 2020, 08:12:15 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2020, 08:12:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: problem with intel d865PERL  (Read 3297 times)
vikbz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2005, 11:15:07 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:win xp pro
Problem Application Name & Version:motherboard
Problem Hardware Make & Model:intel d865PERL
Error Messages:cannot continue past POST and into O/S

guys,i would like to know if i can get some help w/ my system. I have bought this system for april of last year and until now have i begun to use it. It comprises of:
mobo:Intel D865PERL
O/S: WIN XP PRO
memory:512 DDR
grafx: 64mb generic graphics card
processor: Intel 3.0 P4
HDD: Hitachi 80GB HDD

i recently successfully installed the O/S in ANOTHER pc, and now that i want to reinstall it to the pc in question, the pc asks me to choose which way to let windows boot. i click on the windows safe mode and it lists of all the ".sys" drivers but instead of going into safe mode it starts all over in the same fashion. What can i do about this?

any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance,

vik
Lips Sealed>SadAngryAngry

Viktor Vasquez
Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 03:51:01 PM »

Sorry if I don't follow completely, but why do you want to:
a) Start in Safe Mode?
b) Reinstall Windows?
c) Not start the Windows install by booting from the CD?

What happens when you try to boot in normal mode? Any error messages?

Jord.
vikbz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 04:00:23 PM »

thanks for the prompt reply Jee, i installed winn xp pro in the hdd on another pc, and when i tried to put the hdd back to the right pc, it just keeps returning back to the same screen over and over. the screen which asks you to choose b/w normal, safe,safe/networking and such. i cant get past that. very frustrating. i have never encounterd that b4.

any suggestions?

Viktor Vasquez
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 04:29:17 PM »

Well, yes. Windows XP has a problem with the fact that you installed it on another PC, on a nother motherboard, using another chipset and drivers set than the one you are trying to boot up from.

Only two fixes for that:
1. Reinstall Windows fresh on the PC you are using now.

2. Put the harddrive back in the other PC, boot with it, go into Device Manager, select the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller and select your current storage controller.  Right click, select update driver and select install from a list or specific location.  Click don't search I will choose the driver to install and select the standard dual channel IDE controller. Save changes (by clicking OK). Power down and move the harddrive to the new PC... it'll now boot up without problems, ready for you to start installing the motherboard chipset drivers!

Jord.
vikbz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 04:45:46 PM »

tnx but one question, which would be my controller? it has three options, primary IDE, secondary IDE, and VIA BUS MASTER IDE controller.

Viktor Vasquez
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 04:48:49 PM »

Which IDE controller did you connect the harddrive to? If the Primary and it's the only harddrive in the PC at this moment, Primary IDE.

Jord.
vikbz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 04:57:13 PM »

jeez....JEEEE u da man!!!!!!! it worked!!!!
i am indebted to you man, but i have one more question, i have this HDD that i had lycoris on and i decided to wipe it out to use on another pc since the one it had had statred making noises and the tech told me that it could probably be that the HDD was messed up, so i took the Lycoris one. I reformated everything and set up WIN XP PRO perfectly,  but now that i want to start putting it back it says in the BIOS that it cant find no HDD. Why would that e u think?

p.s. thanks a million for the help.

Viktor Vasquez
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 06:49:24 PM »

Lycoris? Oh a Linux version. I've never heard of any OS damagingf a harddrive that much that the BIOS wouldn't be able to find the drive, so there's a couple of possibilities:
1. Faulty BIOS.
2. Faulty harddrive.
3. You didn't connect the IDE cable correct.
4. You didn't jumper the drive correctly so it was Master/Slave.
5. A broken power connector.
6. Ancient PC while the harddrive is gigantic, so the old BIOS can't recognize the drive.

Skip those you checked and you got the culprit. Wink

Jord.
vikbz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 08:43:53 PM »

no luck man, i have a predicament w/ 2 HDDs one WAS working and i realized that it was time to replace it. I took out another HDD that i had Lycoris on, and reformatted that to install WIN XP PRO. I tried to install it back to read from the HDD instead of the CD, and BAM!! it said in the BIOS that ther'es no HDD. i have no idea now, cuz i have a pc w/ no HDD.

Viktor Vasquez
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 09:26:33 PM »

Why don't you just reformat that drive again in your other PC, but leave no OS on it.
Then attach it in the 1st PC you have problems with, and install Windows from there? Or at least detect if the drive can be found.

Jord.
vikbz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2005, 09:33:47 PM »

ill try that right now and see what happens but i dont think it will happen but if anything i will get back to you.

Viktor Vasquez
vikbz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 09:35:04 PM »

did it already

Viktor Vasquez
vikbz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 09:37:57 PM »

no luck jee, IDE MASTER NONE
dats all it gives me. i cant even continue the BIOS b/c it says ther's nowhere to send the O/S or even reformat to.

Viktor Vasquez
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 09:44:53 PM »

What brand & model harddrive is it and what brand & model motherboard are you trying to use it on?

Jord.
vikbz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 09:51:45 PM »

it is a western digital 40GB HDD installed on a MSI MS-6378 mobo,128 RAM,and 64mb video built on a generic case.

but lemme ask something is there such a way that the HDD can be "hidden" from view in the startup? why i ask is because i have the system running now and it is supposingly reformatting the HDD, but how is that possible when the startup says no IDE MASTER found?

Viktor Vasquez
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 

Jump to: