MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: OE "unknown" error message
November 15, 2019, 04:19:03 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 15, 2019, 04:19:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OE "unknown" error message  (Read 1471 times)
katcrox

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2002, 07:12:13 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows 98
Problem Application Name & Version: OE 6
Problem Hardware Make & Model: ?
Error Messages: 0x800C013B

I receive my e-mail but have been able to send out for over a week.The ISP and 4 tech friends have tried to solve this with no success. We've uninstalled and re-installed OE 6, have disabled the anti-virus and the firewall to no avail. Am desperate.
KC

weckwarth

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2002, 10:35:22 PM »

Hard to give advice when you have not said what your ISP has tried to do with no success.BTW who is your ISP?
A basic would be to go to Accounts and then properties and make sure that SMTP has a period after it and then your server's name like netzero.net etc

katcrox

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 12:30:16 AM »

I can't recall all the things that were done but a number of settings were changed. Also it was suggested that firewalls are not recommended.
My server is onlink.net. I did what you suggested and everything is as it should be.
Thanks for the suggestions.
KC

katcrox

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2002, 10:58:07 PM »

My problem has finally been solved. A friend sent the error number to Microsoft and got back a method of resolving it. Since this problem had been ongoing for almost 2 weeks and at least 4 friends had tried to solve it, I learned a great deal.
Thanks.
KC

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2003, 07:38:16 AM »

what was the error number and can you post the solution for all of us to share!!!!!!!!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2003, 12:25:27 AM »

quote:
Originally posted by katcrox

...Also it was suggested that firewalls are not recommended...
Whoever suggested this to you obviously has no clue what he/she is talking about especially if you're using broadband! A good firewall should be part of your internet security scheme and is just as important as an antivirus software!

If you remember your solution, can you please update this post as rghasenohr mentioned above, thanks

Glad you got your problem fixed! Grin

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: