MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: suspend problem
November 15, 2019, 04:33:07 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 15, 2019, 04:33:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: suspend problem  (Read 1212 times)
AMDAMDAMD

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2003, 02:12:08 AM »

Hello everyone.

My computer has trouble sleeping. every time I try to turn it to stand by mode, it will show a blue screen saying a lot of stuff and it will report that there is a serious error occured and needs to be shut down.

i have a 350W power supply built for AMD, and my cpu is AMD2100+, i have a lot of fans and stuff. is it because my power supply is not good enough, so it wont' sleep?

Thanks

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2003, 05:56:35 PM »

Hi,

You should have plenty of power with a 350w power supply.

What version of Windows are you using?
Windows power management may be conflicting with the motherboard power management, try checking your BIOS Power Management settings. Hit <DEL> on bootup (on most systems) to enter the BIOS setup.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
AMDAMDAMD

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2003, 07:27:05 AM »

thanks for your suggestion
i am now using win xp pro..

O, i went to the power options properties, and it ssaid my Uninterruptible power supply (ups) service is currently st0pped.
where do i turn it on?

p.s. what am i suppose to do in the bios?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2003, 04:02:49 PM »

Hi,

The UPS service only needs to run if you have your computer connected to a UPS (not a power bar), which I doubt you do, therefore it should be stopped.

What is the error message on the blue screen you receive when going into standby mode? (only the first few lines, don't need all the numbers at this time)

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
AMDAMDAMD

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2003, 10:11:38 AM »

it's strange, that blue sreen is not showing anymore.
now, when i try to put my pc to sleep mode, it will sleep. however it wouldn't wake up. lol . i meant it freezes when i try to wake it up. cuz when i wake up my computer, it shows the login screen and it freezes there.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2003, 04:56:29 PM »

Hi,

Have you installed the latest service pack?

How to Obtain the Latest Windows XP Service Pack

There are many fixes in Service Pack 1 relating to "Stand By" and "Hibernation" modes

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: