MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Cookies
December 06, 2019, 01:33:06 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 06, 2019, 01:33:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cookies  (Read 1045 times)
Bunny

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2003, 03:20:32 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Can anyone tell me if it's safe to delete the cookies from my computer?(I currently have 2000+).

I've read a little about them and know it's not a good idea to block my computer from receiving most of them, but if I DO delete all the ones I've already got in my computer will it in anyway affect how my computer works?. Will I still be able to visit my favourite websites without the old cookies still being in my computer?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2003, 04:12:29 PM »

Hi,

Deleting cookies is safe to do and you will still be able to visit your favorite websites except any information contained in the cookies will obviously be gone. Website may use cookies to allow you to customize their site to your liking, store the username to a login form...these things will go back to defaults.

So deleting cookies are OK to do if you don't mind having to re-enter usernames, re-customize look and feel of some sites...
The advantage of deleting cookies is that the site will recognize you has though it is the first time you visit their sites and will not make assuptions as to what you want from them......

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Bunny

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2003, 08:49:25 AM »

Thanks Admin

Thanks for the really useful info. I've spent ages trying to find out if cookies are safe to delete or not, but no one would tell me.

BUNNY.Grin

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2003, 05:24:35 PM »

You're Welcome!

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: