MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: New stereo headset problem
October 15, 2019, 10:26:27 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2019, 10:26:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New stereo headset problem  (Read 876 times)
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2005, 08:48:10 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows ME
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Logitech
Error Messages:

Just bought a Logitech Premium Stereo Headset to replace my desk mic.  The guy where I bought it said, "just unplug the old one and plug in the new one...follow the colour coded wires".  Well....got the thing installed and I can transmit, but when I want to hear something from the headset speakers.....it won't work...the sound continues to come from my desk speakers only.  By the way, my desk speakers which came with my computer are:  Harmon Cardon...a subwoofer and two satellites.

I even turned off the power switch to my desk speakers to see if that would make the headset ones work, but no luck.

Help!

Gere

Wannabe

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 11:46:53 PM »

I'm not a forum moderator or admin here, but I have a possible fix.

Do you have audio ports in the front and back of the PC or only in the back?

The pink is your audio input, or the microphone portion, while the green is your audio out, or speaker portion. It sounds like you've got the pink wire plugged in, but make sure the green wire is

If it's like mine and only has the audio ports in the back then you should only need to disconnect the pink and the green colorred wires, and plug the pink and green wires from your new headset into the PC.

If your PC has audio ports in the front and that's where you're plugging them in then plugging in both the pink and green wires should override those in the back.
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 08:46:46 PM »

Hello Wannabe

Thanks for your response.  My silly headset wires are pink and black, rather than pink and green.  I am wondering now if I have to completely disconnect my Harmom Kardon desk speakers in order for the headset speaker to kick in.  When using my new headset, I get good reports about the quality of my voice, so at least the transmit is working, and I can hear the audio input through my desk speakers.  I guess I will leave it that way til I find another solution.  I don't want to unplug my desk speakers because I would like to hear the alerts when I am out of the room.  Someone said I had to get a switch that would allow me to alternate between the two setups.

Thanks again, and perhaps there is a way around this, but at least I can operate like this until a solution is found.  It could be just finger trouble....my connections are only in the back of the computer and I have to get down under the desk with a flashlight, but I will check things out again and try to sort out the pink and black colours!

Bye for this time and welcome to a great site.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it as I have for a number of years.

Gere

Gere

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: