MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Major Computer Problems
November 18, 2019, 04:51:51 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2019, 04:51:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Major Computer Problems  (Read 967 times)
iwebman

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2003, 09:02:47 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows 98
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Athlon 800Mhz-Home built
Error Messages:

:-\Hi,

I am uncertain whether this is a hardware driver problem or not. I have several problems. My computer occasional freezes when during start up, it freezing very often while on. It is not specific to any application. It will freeze even if it is sitting idle. Quite frequently, it freezes during shutdown. It will not even respond to the power off button. In addition to the freezing. My USB port will only respond intermittently. I was running my cable modem through the USB to no avail. I had a USB mouse that worked occasionally and I have Logitech webcam that will only work for about 30 seconds.

Another problem is that I have a CDRW installed and often time when I start windows, it shows that this device is not supported. The red circle with a line across it in my system tray. After several reboots, it appears fine.

It also seems that my hard is losing and regaining space mysteriously.

I often get not responding errors (Savenow, Explorer and Msgrv) in windows that forces me to shut down . My control panel only open when it wants.

I have tried reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling windows. It has not helped. It sounds like I need a new computer but maybe this is something simple that I may have overlooked. Please help as I am hopelessly lost without my computer.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 03:26:00 PM »

Hi,

Windows stability problems can be caused by your system overheating or bad memory.
Make sure all you fans are spinning, especially the one on the CPU and in your power supply. Try blowing out any dust in your system since dust will make components overheat.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 03:57:59 PM »

It sounds like what Admin has suggested DUST build up.

Clean anyway then.....

.....the best bet is that your power supply is failing or is underpowered by the connection of too many prepherals for the wattage of that power supplies rating and reeking havoc with all parts of your system at all times, either that or your AC connection is providing unstable power supply.

Pay a technician to check it out before it damages your data and hardware.

Berty

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: