MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Outlook express Inbox and folders disappered
September 15, 2019, 06:30:21 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2019, 06:30:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Outlook express Inbox and folders disappered  (Read 1152 times)
janski

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2005, 02:44:54 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows 98
Problem Application Name & Version: none
Problem Hardware Make & Model: ?
Error Messages: none

After going through various things to remove a startpage about.blank virus (see virus section) one of the things I had to do was clean up my Temporary internet files etc. I did this using a washer.  
I am wondering if the washer has removed my Inbox in Outlook express together with all the other folders I had there.  I think this because when I do a search files>folders and look at the inbox properties these for some strange reason have been saved to
C:\WINDOWS\Cookies and I feel that they should not be stored there.
Has the washer removed them?
Can I get them back?
Can I change the windows\cookies and store them somewhere they will not be deleted.
Help please.
janski.

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 02:49:57 PM »

You say you used 'a washer', but can you tell us which one? Name and revision number, please.

You can also try Outlook Express mail recovery from http://www.oemailrecovery.com/

Jord.
janski

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 03:35:02 PM »

Hi Jee,
Thanks for quick reply.
Washer is Webroutes Window Washer version 4.7.  I tried the link you gave me and downloaded the outlook recovery - it could not find the lost e-mails however it looks useful for the future.
To be quite honest Its not the end of the world loosing the e-mails but I do want to change the location of the inbox and folders.  I have discovered by reading other posts on this site that if I do the following :-
Open Outlook Express
Tools/Options/Maintenance click Store Folder Button
up comes the location C:\WINDOWS\Cookies name and there is a button saying CHANGE  if I click this it give me other options to change the location.

In fact I have just come back to change this message - I have done the above and changed the location to somewhere I know is safe.
and a funny thing happened.   After I did that and went to click on to Internet Explorer the Microsoft msn page (not authentic) which keeps coming up as my home page disappered and my own home page magically came back - maybe not to do with the cookie change who knows ??

strange but true.
stay cool
janski
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 04:05:13 PM by janski » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: