MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: heres a tricky one
October 17, 2019, 02:04:26 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2019, 02:04:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: heres a tricky one  (Read 953 times)
starcraft_20002000

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2005, 01:14:43 AM »

i wasnt sure where to post this..........i right clicked on an .AVI film, went in to properties , advanced and the selected compress to save disc space then apply and ok , after that the file name under the icon was blue and i tried to play it but all i got was the sound playing as mp3 so i went to search in the start menu and searched for the .AVI file under files and folders and nothing came up so i clicked on look in hidden files and folder and there was the .AVI file and also 2 internet explorer icons with the file name , i right clicked and selected open containing folder , somehow it had ended up in the local settings folder / history / today / my computer so i opend the file and it played fine with visual and audio ,  so can any1 tell me whats going on here and can i get it back to normal plz lol
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 11:54:42 AM by redaxe » Logged

It is a good thing for an uneducated
man to read books of quotations.
 - Sir Winston Churchill
Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 06:16:18 PM »

What kind of AVI is this? A DivX? XVid?
You may need to re-encode the file. Check on www.videohelp.com for a lot of HowTo's on this subject.

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: