MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: graphics
September 17, 2019, 03:06:34 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2019, 03:06:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: graphics  (Read 1942 times)
funk

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2003, 07:21:53 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:win 98
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:daewoo pc pent 2
Error Messages:

i have recently reformated my computer everything apears alright except the graphics are bad very pixely any ideas please help

tincan
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 07:31:40 PM »

You most likely need to install drivers for your video card. Do you have the manufactuer and model of your video card?

http://www.opensourceinfo.org
OpenSource for an OpenMind.
http://www.moviehaven.ca
Your say about movies.
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2003, 07:34:09 PM »

HI,

Did you install video drivers for your display adapter? Check the "Display" properties in the control panel on the "Settings" tab. What is the line under the picture of the monitor that starts with "Display:"?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
funk

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2003, 04:50:42 PM »

in display under settings it says display: daewoo 431x on standard pci graphics adaptor vga this is the only relavent heading under display the rest are sreensavers and the like and im afraid that i dont know what the drivers are

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2003, 05:02:33 PM »

Hi,

The "Standard PCi VGA Graphics Adapter" driver will not give you the higher resolution and colors you need. You will need to find out what the make and model of your video card is.
Do you have a model number for the Daewoo system? Maybe I can find out with this info if you can't find out the info on the video card.

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
funk

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2003, 11:13:47 PM »

for the video card a trident micro system, inc. apg is the best i can do as or the model of pc i only have the main board number which is CB647M-LX/EX main board an other code which was on the back was CT6470 the pc was bought in 98 any ideas the users guide looks very general sorry i took so long by the way

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2003, 04:48:17 PM »

Hi,

All my searchs came up in Korean, therefore I could not read the information about this system!

Did you receive a CD with this system. If the video is built-in, the drivers would be on the CD for the motherboard.

The only way to know what Trident chipset the video card uses is to physically look at the card (or chipset on motherboard if built-in.)

Sylvain Amyot

funk

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2003, 09:18:24 PM »

thanks i will try to install video drivers and see what happens

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: