MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: how can i know if my power wires are hoocked up co
September 17, 2019, 03:29:24 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2019, 03:29:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how can i know if my power wires are hoocked up co  (Read 1142 times)
tweekly2002

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2003, 08:32:50 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Huh?

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 09:33:04 AM »

"how can i know if my power wires are hoocked up correctly":o

This is one of the most common questions I get about power wires and so i have included the standard answer that is given for this question. I hope that by following exactly what is done and said here you will overcome your problem.

Few days ago I tried one more shock therapy. Remember, when I done it with the battery it didn't really work: no voltages jumped on the oscilloscope when I watched currents in my brain while shocking it. So few days ago I done it with the breadboard. I hoocked up two wires from the breadbord to opposite sides of my head, one going to ground, the other to 15 volts supply, and glued them to my head with a sticker. I attached another pair of wires to my head that lead to oscilloscope, yes you might be wondering how can i know if my power wires are hoocked up correctly. And then I watched my brain voltages when breadboard was off, on the oscilloscope. It was about the same sert of oscillations as previous time I describe it to you. But then i turned breadboard on. The curve on oscilloscope jumped way high so it went out of the screen and I couldn't see it any more. I also felt electric sensation in my brain. I waited few seconds and turned breadboard back off. That curve didn't come down immediately. It took for it about a second or two to come back to nearly the same position it was before, and then, by inertia, it moved further, below that position, and then backed up. It done few oscillations before it finally reached its original position for good. Probably there is some sert of resistance, capacitance and inductance in my brain, so it acts like RLC circuit.

I have also noticed few weird brakes in that curve. Probably it just wasn't connected well to my head. For you can't have like no voltage at all, can you? Then I done the same thing with 5 volt power supply, and similar thing happenned. I am wondering why even with 5 volts I feel electric sensation in my head, but if I try it on my finger, I don't even feel 30 volts. If you know the answer, please tell me. Probably battery didn't really work (I mean I didn't hold it well or something) because when I done it with 15 volt battery in the beginning of semester, I didn't feel any electric sensation. Even though with battery i also felt a little drowsy afterwards, this time, with the breadboard, drowsynness was more abrupt and it was stronger. After my resent shock therapy I felt as if my body didn't have any weight or anything. I also felt sert of detached from what I was doing, almost as if I was watching myself in a movie or as if I am in a dream state or something. The next day, when I woke up I felt pain in some of my muscled in my back, the same sert of pain I would feel if I lift weights for a long period of time. I am wondering: was it because I had a convulsion.

I DIDN"T NOTICE MYSELF HAVING ANY CONVULSION WHILE GIVING MYSELF A SHOCK THERAPY.

But is it possible there was some small convulsion inside me that i haven't noticed? I don't see any other reason for feeling any muscle pain, for i haven't been doing any exercises lately. Anyway, I think I said a lot, so let me just list questions I want to ask you so as to help you notice them.

1.How come my finger wouldn't feel 30 volts, but my brain feels electric sensation even with 5 volts?

2.Why do I feel muscle pain even though I didn't notice myself having any convulsion?

3.How come I felt drowsy with the battery too, even though battery didn't seem to set any voltage in my brain (at least oscilloscope didn't indicate any and I didn't feel any electric sensation with the battery).

well, if you don't understand the answer, how about asking a better question. Huh?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 12:03:17 PM by rghasenohr » Logged

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2003, 01:12:09 AM »

Hi,

I am going to ask the same, without the sarcasm! What is your question? We need a lot more details!

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2003, 04:19:08 AM »

-Power Wires-

The power connectors can be identified as a 20-Pin for the ATX and the P8 and P9 connector for the AT format case.

AT power connectors P8, and P9. Make sure black wires face each other when plugging into the board.

ATX 20 pin connector. Note the way the connector is keyed. You can only install one way.  

The connectors simply just plug into the motherboard. The 20 pin connector is an easy one that can't really be done wrong unless you force it. Even if installed wrong you will know something isn't right.

The P8 and P9 are a little different. Make sure the black wires of each connector are facing each other. The P8 and P9 connectors also plug in at an angle rather than straight on like the 20 pin ATX connector.

For the most part just take you time.

say CHEESE

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: