MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Internet Explorer problems
November 20, 2019, 10:54:10 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2019, 10:54:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet Explorer problems  (Read 2596 times)
Laceymre

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2003, 06:59:11 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:windows 98
Problem Application Name & Version:Internet Explorer
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Hello, I am hoping that I could get a little help!
My grandfather has Blue Light as his internet provider.  All it does, from what I have seen is connect you to the Internet.  You have to use internet explorer to navigate on the web.  The problem is, when we get online and open internet explorer, an error message comes up stating the internet explorer has incurred a error and needs to be shut down.  then you have an option to send an error report or not send one.  When i send it, it does nothing.  when I dont send it, it just shuts down, I open it back up and it does the same thing.  Can you think of anythig that might be causing this or any thing that I can try....He is driving me nuts!!:o
Thank you so much,
Lacey

weckwarth

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 09:49:50 PM »

I was under the impression that BLUE LIGHT, which was a free ISP put out by K-Mart was discontinued. This being the case, maybe the Soft Ware is no longer operative. But then again this is what I heard. My suggestion is to sign up with another FREE ISP provider like Netzero or Juno which allows about 10 hours free time and see what happens

Laceymre

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2003, 01:22:43 PM »

If that is the case, do you know when it became no more?  If I knew that, then I can tell if that is the problem because of the time frame...Thanks for the info.

Laceymre

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2003, 01:29:46 PM »

I just checked it out and it doesnt appear that blue light is the problem...if it was no longer, I wouldnt even be able to get on line, but I can.  It has something to do with the internet explorer.

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2003, 04:22:07 PM »

re-install IE or upgrade

Berty

Laceymre

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2003, 04:24:50 PM »

I tried that and it didnt work...I cant upgrade cause we cant even get online.

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2003, 04:32:24 PM »

OK, do a search for sfc.exe on win 98 and then run it. This little appz will go through and check all your system files, I sugest that you lean towards the ignore button until you are confident of the files you are looking at. HOWEVER when it detects a corrupted file it would be best to replace the file. Have your Win98 CD's handy.

Have a go as I really haven't got my head around this one at 3:02 am in Australia.

Berty

Laceymre

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2003, 03:22:00 PM »

Okay, I ran the scan and it came up clean.  I have tried so much, that I dont know what else to do.  I have taken out windows 98 and reinstalled it, I have tried to reinstall IE, but that is no help...I put in AOL so I could at least get on and try to upgrade IE, but I couldnt view any web pages that way either...This is very frustrating.

Laceymre

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2003, 04:37:33 PM »

Does ANY one have any other suggestions?  Please help.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2003, 12:54:52 AM »

Hi,

Does the error message box have a "Details" button or link to view why IE is crashing?

Try a ping test to see if you're connection is good.
1. Open an MS-DOS Prompt and type 'ping 193.201.70.7' <ENTER> (no quotes)
2. Now try 'ping www.catalyst2.com' <ENTER> (no quotes)
Does any of these come back with "Request Timed Out"?

Without more details on the error message IE is generating, it is very difficult to determine what the problem is.

Is the system running Win98 or Win98se? (Right click "My Computer" on desktop and select "Properties")

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Laceymre

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2003, 01:33:00 PM »

Admin, thank you for your reply and help...I didnt have to do what you suggested.  We installed AOL 8, downloaded IE and reinstalled blue light, and now it works!!  Thank goodness!!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2003, 04:16:43 PM »

That's great! Glad you got it working Grin

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: