MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Security & Viruses arrow Topic: file in quarantine (virus?)
October 23, 2019, 09:11:06 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2019, 09:11:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: file in quarantine (virus?)  (Read 1693 times)
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2003, 01:47:49 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows ME
Problem Application Name & Version:Outlook Express
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I got a notification from Norton that a suspicious email was placed in isolation and quarantined, thus protecting my computer.  For that reason I believe I am ok in writing this letter to you (I am not sending an attachment).

Trying to actually contact Norton and speak to a human is next to impossible.

I have a couple of queries:  the email itself is still showing in my "In" box in Outlook Express...not opened, and when I go to my virus protection page, the said file is in quarantine.  When I tried to submit it to Norton, they say that the virus is known and therefore should not be submitted.  So then I try to delete it, I get this message:  Warning - are you sure you want to permentally remove this item from quarantine?  At this point I get real scared and haven't got a clue what to do, because I think it will be placed back in my system if I remove it from quarantine!  Any advice?  Can I safely delete the letter from my "In" box?  Can I delete it from my Norton site?  Should I?

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 04:25:52 PM »

Warning - are you sure you want to permentally remove this item from quarantine?

Do it! and get on with your life

Berty

Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2003, 05:02:03 PM »

Berty - thanks so much.  I guess I was suffering from that old computer problem, the ID TEN T error....in other words I was an ID10T, ha, ha.

You solved my problem in 2 seconds and I deleted it as you suggested.  Thanks!

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2003, 05:10:15 PM »

Yeah, I know the frustrations. But I am a verteran of throwing three of my lousy systems off my local beach cliff ONTO THE ROCKS BELOW!!!   Yeah it was great.

Back up all your data onto CD and never live in fear again.

Berty

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: