MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Powering up new computer
October 23, 2019, 10:33:27 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2019, 10:33:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Powering up new computer  (Read 1184 times)
SleepySher

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2003, 02:33:12 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

???Okay here is the problem.  I have a new mobo Universal Pentium CA64-TN and a new Intel Celeron 1.3Ghz processor I have a 300W power supply.  

I have tried everything to get this computer to boot but nothing happens there are no lights nothing.  I have reseated everything and checked the connection on the front of the case...still nothing.  I hope someone has some ideas.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 04:23:45 PM »

Hi,

Check the small cable that goes from the front switch to the motherboard to make sure it is on the right pins.

If that is correct, then disconnect the hard drive ribbon cable at the motherboard end. If the system powers on, then the ribbon cable is on reversed.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 05:38:28 PM »

-Power Wires-

The power connectors can be identified as a 20-Pin for the ATX and the P8 and P9 connector for the AT format case.

AT power connectors P8, and P9. Make sure black wires face each other when plugging into the board.

ATX 20 pin connector. Note the way the connector is keyed. You can only install one way.

The connectors simply just plug into the motherboard. The 20 pin connector is an easy one that can't really be done wrong unless you force it. Even if installed wrong you will know something isn't right.

The P8 and P9 are a little different. Make sure the black wires of each connector are facing each other. The P8 and P9 connectors also plug in at an angle rather than straight on like the 20 pin ATX connector.

For the most part just take you time.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: