MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: Invalid Page Fault
November 19, 2019, 01:10:56 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2019, 01:10:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Invalid Page Fault  (Read 1490 times)
equalizer

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2003, 07:05:16 PM »

Operating System Version:Windows 98SE
Problem Application Name & Version:Neato CD Label Sysytem(MediaFACE 4.0)
Error Messages:I just purchased a CD/DVD Labeling kit and tried installing the program from the CD,each time it starts the installation I get an error box saying the following "IDRIVER caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff9a1a". I have searched Google for this error with no luck. What is IDRIVER and how can I correct the problem and install the Labeling program?
Thanks.

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 12:27:59 PM »

"idriver" forms part in Install Shield and may crash without this upgrade listed below...

I'm guessing but either your win98 is old or the setup for your CD is corrupted.

CHECK THIS OUT >>>>>

New Version of Windows Installer Runtime

Microsoft released a new version of the Windows Installer runtime files. The new version number is 2.0.2600.2 for both ANSI (for Windows 95/98/Me) and Unicode (for NT4/2000) versions. Previously the Unicode version was 2.0.2600.0 and the ANSI version 2.0.2600.1. There is currently no information why this new version was released, and if it fixes any problems. This new version cannot be used to update the installer engine on Windows XP. The new runtime installer can be downloaded from the following locations:

For  Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=32832

For Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows Me:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=32831

Note: although these download pages specify a release date of September 25, 2001, the downloadable files are actually of February 26, 2002 (ANSI version) and February 19, 2002 (Unicode version).
Created: 2002-02-27    Last update: 2002-03-18

.. hope it gives you a leed.

bERTY

equalizer

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 04:47:07 AM »

Thanks for the link Berty,unfortunately after downloading the .exe and attempting to install I got a box saying "This service already exists" so I guess my windowsupdate took care of it after I re-installed Win98SE in January.So still searching for a cure.I emailed the Tech.Support at Neato on Monday and am awaiting a response from their end.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 03:42:03 PM »

Hi,

InstallShield is not a Microsoft product! Windows Installer and InstallShield are two different installer software.

Search and rename this folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield" to something like "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield_old"

Re-run setup

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: