MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Attach mike to computer
October 23, 2019, 03:09:56 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2019, 03:09:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Attach mike to computer  (Read 1412 times)
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2003, 05:04:50 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:Windows ME
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Wonder how difficult it is to attach a mike to my computer?  My sister-in-law just surprised me on a Messenger site by using her mike and actually speaking to me, rather than typing.  I went on my Dell help site but they talk over my head...showed a diagram with a place to install the mike, but I don't appear to have the same setup on back.  Maybe I have to go buy a special mike with special attachments?  I had some old mikes but they don't look like they'd plug in to anything on the back of my computer.  Any ideas?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 07:39:24 PM »

Hi,

Usually the connector for the mic is the same type of plug as the speakers and usually near that connector. Follow the speaker cable to the back of your system and look for a similar connector beside it.

If you cannot find it, let me know what model your Dell is.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 09:34:37 PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Hi,

Usually the connector for the mic is the same type of plug as the speakers and usually near that connector. Follow the speaker cable to the back of your system and look for a similar connector beside it.

If you cannot find it, let me know what model your Dell is.

Thank you for your prompt help.  I will keep your information on file, but better still (not working for me somehow), I got two friends in conference today and one had no mike..no nothing...she just talked into her computer and the other one with the mike, etc., heard her loud and clear.  So B4 I rush off to buy a mike, I am going to try to talk just into my computer.  It didn't work this afternoon but maybe I will try again this evening.  Exciting stuff!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 12:09:32 AM »

Hi,

No matter what you will need a mic. Some systems have a built-in mic into the keyboard or sometimes even the monitor (if monitor has built-in speakers to replace external speakers), perhaps this is where the system was picking up his/her voice.

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 02:19:34 AM »

quote:

Hi,

No matter what you will need a mic. Some systems have a built-in mic into the keyboard or sometimes even the monitor (if monitor has built-in speakers to replace external speakers), perhaps this is where the system was picking up his/her voice.

I appreciate your advice and help.  I am thinking now that my friend just might have a built-in microphone (her system cost more than mine), so I will have to purchase a microphone and hook up.  What a remarkable way to talk to someone....makes my ham radio seem obsolete!  Thanks again.

Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2003, 09:10:11 PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Gere

quote:

Hi,

I appreciate your advice and help.  I am thinking now that my friend just might have a built-in microphone (her system cost more than mine), so I will have to purchase a microphone and hook up.  What a remarkable way to talk to someone....makes my ham radio seem obsolete!  Thanks again.

Hey everyone!  I sent and bought myself a microphone today...nothing too fancy, but I just plugged it in at the back of my computer and now....I can talk to my dear friend in Mexico.  What an amazing piece of technology!  So if anybody else is sitting on the fence in this regard (attaching a microphone to your computer), GO FOR IT!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2003, 05:14:57 PM »

That's great! Grin

Thanks for updating your post!

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: