MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: computer is shot
September 17, 2019, 03:12:37 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2019, 03:12:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: computer is shot  (Read 941 times)
suchadork00

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2003, 10:54:42 PM »

I am running windos xp. I recently was having problems starting my computer. Before i could fix it the computer started goin blank. Now when i try to start up there is just a blank black screen. I cant even get to the bios. I want to just format the whole thing.. but i dont know how. Someone mentioned maually resetting the bios. I dont know how or if it would help. The motherboard is and iwill xp333-r. The Hard drive is western digital. any thoguhts?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 01:36:38 AM »

Have you recently upgraded any hardware?
Was the case opened?
Was the system recently moved?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
suchadork00

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 12:55:52 AM »

I havent changed the hardware at all recently. The case was open since I was having problems with the flopy drive, but i hadnt changed it out yet. The computer hasnt been moved either. The last change I made on the computer was adding yahoo instant messenger. Whether that may have opened me up to the possibility of getting viruses, i'm not sure. I didnt have any anti-virus software on the system. All the information on the computer was backed up, so im  not worried about formatting my hard drive at all, and I was actually planning on doing so anyway. I just hope nothing is fried? Have you heard of this happening before? If so, what is the cause?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 05:51:51 PM »

Hi,

Since you're not getting any display, from what I understand, I would make sure the monitor cable coming from the monitor is properly secured to the back of the system. If the video card in not integrated, make sure it is well seated in its slot.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: