MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: No POST, video or beeps
October 16, 2019, 08:20:51 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2019, 08:20:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No POST, video or beeps  (Read 1077 times)
pcangel

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2003, 06:00:20 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows 98
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model: HP Pavilion xe743
Error Messages: No POST, video or beeps

I have an HP Pavilion xe743 that does not post correctly.  When the power is first applied, there is no video, no post and no beeps, but the drives spin up and all fans are working.  If the power is turned off and then back on as soon as the fans quit running, then it will post normally.  If I wait too long, it will again exhibit the above behaviors.  I have swapped the motherboard with another of the same model, as well as the CPU, the RAM and the power supply.  I have disconnected all drives and expansion cards from the system.  I have changed power cords and monitors.  It continues to exhibit the same behaviors with two different sets of hardware, and I have tried everything I can think of to locate the problem area.  Does anyone have an idea of where this problem might be originating from?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 03:59:32 PM »

Hi,

The only thing left is the video card! Is it integrated into the motherboard or a card?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
pcangel

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 04:09:53 PM »

The video is integrated.  I tried a separate card, and it made no difference.  The first mainboard also had a CMOS checksum error, which was not fixed with a new battery or a BIOS update.  This error is not present on the second board.  I currently have the board completely out of the system with only the RAM and CPU installed, and a regular ATX power supply attached instead of the microATX that was in the system.  So far, it has completed the POST after 15 minutes of wait time between power cycles.  Maybe it is a combination of two or more things that is causing the trouble.  I am continuing to test it with the current setup.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 05:04:41 PM »

Hi,

Sorry I did not get back to you on this, are you still having problems?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: