MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Cannot Load drivers for Nvidia geforce MX440SE
April 03, 2020, 07:07:49 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 03, 2020, 07:07:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cannot Load drivers for Nvidia geforce MX440SE  (Read 1510 times)
DaveW

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2005, 02:52:35 AM »

Operating System Version:Windows XP Home (no SP2)
Nvidia GeForce MX440 se Not working

After a refresh of XP home my Video card seems to be disabled. I cannot see any Video adapter in Device Mnaager. The advanced properties (Driver tab say I am using the Generic video driver)

I reloaded the Nvidia Drivers from the OEM driver disc..no avail.

I checked BIOS and the card is set to AGP and is in fact slotted into the AGP port. (Note this is an 8X card but the motherboard has a 4X port. ( I am still looking for the Mother board manual to find out what it is!)

I have run DXDIAG and there is no Adapter chip set recognised!

What is the next step? Is the Card faulty and therefore not seen by device Manager?

I downloaded the latest drivers from the Nvidia site and during the install got a message saying ''install program did not find any drivers compatible with your hardware''

Hope you can help!

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 12:00:26 PM »

Did you reinstall the motherboard chipset drivers?

Jord.
DaveW

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 02:08:47 AM »

Hey Jord,

I didnt install the M/B Chipset Drivers yet...I have not done this before, so hoped for another solution before I tried....is this the same as refreshing the BIOS? or are Chipset drivers different? Is there any step by step instructions on how to Install M/B Chipset Drivers??

Thanks

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 08:56:57 AM »

No, it's got nothing to do with the BIOS. You have reinstalled Windows XP, as I understand, so at this moment it is running the Windows XP supplied (if any) drivers for your motherboard chipset. Those can be quite inadequate. By updating the chipset drivers to their latest ones, you add functionality to the USB ports, AGP slot, IDE ports and much more (onboard video and audio, for instance).

Always follow the basic rules when done reinstalling an OS:
1. Install motherboard chipset drivers.
2. Install latest DirectX9.
3. Install latest videocard drivers.
4. Install all other hardware drivers.

I set DirectX before installing the videocard drivers, as on some systems, DirectX 7 will be installed as the default Dx version, so any Dx 9 videocard will then not allow installation of its drivers.

Anyway, Chipset drivers. Look up in your motherboard manual what your main chipset is. SiS, Intel, VIA, nVidia, Ali or AMD? If you do not have a manual, use CPUZ, tab mainboard, to get to that information.
If you want to, leave the information here and I'll find you a direct link to your latest mobo chipset drivers.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 01:48:37 PM by Ageless » Logged

Jord.
DaveW

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 02:59:32 AM »

Hi Jord, Sorry for not getting back sooner. All is well!... I loaded the new Chipset drivers and was able to configure the Nvidia card AND the new LG flatscreen and all worked. One wierd thing was that in doing this, the sound stopped working...I trawled this site for info and found a suggestion to upload generic drivers or load SP2..I bit the bullet and loaded SP2 and the sound was re-enabled....thanks for your help. The CPUZ utility to find out system config info was very helpful..thanks once again!

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 01:51:10 PM »

You're welcome. If you need anything else at any time in the future, you know where to find us. We can solve almost everything, computer wise then. Grin

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: