MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Game Problems arrow Topic: CS 1.6 closes after clicking New Game
April 02, 2020, 03:31:36 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 02, 2020, 03:31:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CS 1.6 closes after clicking New Game  (Read 1493 times)

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2005, 11:27:43 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

My cs 1.6 (legal not some cracked garbage, the real thing) shutdowns right after i click new game then start. I donno why, if u want me to put in a HTF log just let me noe.

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 04:53:21 PM »

I'd like to know some basic computer specifications, see if your system is up to it.
I'd also like to know what videocard you have, which drivers for that, which DirectX version etc.
Plus I would like to know if you've tried to update Counter Strike and if you checked for an answer in Steam's FAQs.

Jord.

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 02:44:54 AM »

hey, my comuputer is a IBM T41 Thinkpad Laptop it is a 1.4 GHZ, 256 MB ram, 24.9 gigs total, and my video card is ATI Radeon 7500. I don't know what my DirectX version is, but i believe that could be the problem. Although when i downloaded verison 9, i double clicked on install and that annoying message comes up saying, the sumtin sumtin installer encounterred a problem, send report or dont send error message. Happens everytime so i gave up installing DirectX.

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 09:41:56 AM »

Hmmm... may I ask if you have Half Life (NOT!! Half Life 2!!)? If you do, have you got that installed as well? I am just asking, in case you didn't know CS is a modification for HL.

Anyway, the minimum system requirements for CS1.6 are already met. The Radeon 7500 is a DirectX8.1 compliant videocard, so even if you keep on installing the latest DirectX versions, it won't add any functionality to this videocard. If you do want to install DirectX9 though, you're best off doing it through Windows Update.

Jord.

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 02:46:17 AM »

Hey thanks alot, i appreciate the effort, i think its my laptop, its just messed. Yes i do have Half life installed ( i have half life and 2 but i only have half life installed. Anyways, the other day it just randomly worked for some reason. I don't know why and i believe it was in offline mode too. lol

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: