MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: SHLWAPI.dll was not found
August 19, 2019, 12:02:51 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2019, 12:02:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SHLWAPI.dll was not found  (Read 3338 times)
kinaiahi

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2005, 03:14:46 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows XP home sp2
Problem Application Name & Version: Winlogon.exe, lsass.exe,services.exe
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Sony PCG-srx87 (an older 10" notebook)
Error Messages:  (the above application name)-Unable To Locate Component
"This application ahs failed to start because SHLWAPI.dll was not found.  Re-installing teh application may fix this problem."

Okay, sounds simple enough...just d/l shlwapi.dll and paste it into the appropriate registry.  Can't get into windows, even safe mode though.  Using a XP bootable disk won't recognize HD.  Using a '98 bootable disk gets me to command prompt but then what?  Please help, this lapy belongs to a friend who doesn't routinely backup files so a reinstall of o/s is the very last resort.

My Lappy:
Dell Inspiron 9300| Pentium M 730| Windows XP MCE '05|17" WXGA| 512mb DDR2 @533mhz| 256mb NVidia Geforce Go 6800| 80g HDD @5400rpm|Sony DVD +/- R/RW DL write capable
Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 11:36:22 PM »

Hello and Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca

I really dont think you would paste it into the registry. Actually it should have been placed in the System/System32 folder.

Concidering you cannot boot into normal or safe mode we will try a repair installation.

Do you have you Windows XP cd? Place it into the cdrom and boot from it. You may need to go into the BIOS and change the boot sequence to boot to cdrom first.
Start as if you are installing it for the first time but do not chose fresh install chose the repair over the existing o.s found.

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 04:15:20 AM »

Geekgirl-
Thank you for the advice...but I decided to just do a fresh install of the o/s.  The information lost was not critical, just inconvenient for my friend.  I think that he will be investing in a good back up program now.

My Lappy:
Dell Inspiron 9300| Pentium M 730| Windows XP MCE '05|17" WXGA| 512mb DDR2 @533mhz| 256mb NVidia Geforce Go 6800| 80g HDD @5400rpm|Sony DVD +/- R/RW DL write capable
Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 04:19:47 AM »

Good luck Smiley

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 09:29:15 PM »

Hi, I have the same problem that kinaiahi had.  I cannot log onto windows and I cannot boot in any of the safe modes.  I have a windows xp cd, i put it in the cd drive but how do I boot using it?  any help appreciated, thanks

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 10:12:50 PM »

You really should have started your own thread ccm33  but I will tell you this, change the boot sequence in the BIOS to boot from the cdrom frist and power one the pc, it should boot from the cd.

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Jump to: