MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: CD Burner Probs
December 13, 2019, 04:29:44 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2019, 04:29:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Burner Probs  (Read 766 times)
Team48Lowes

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2005, 03:36:38 AM »

I was trying to burn files to a CD, so I can reformat my Hard Drive, and when I click burn in E: folder, I enter name for CD and click enter and it says "Please Enter A Writable CD" or something like that. I have tried several CD's and I have used this brand for a while with no probs. What should WE do?

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 07:20:01 PM »

Leave some more information please, like operating system, what kind of burning program(s) you tried, how much data it is. I take it you're using the Windows XP built in burner, so my advice is to try a 3rd party program like Nero Burning ROM or Easy CD Creator.

Jord.
Team48Lowes

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 12:46:37 PM »

I am using Windows XP SP1. I have tried installing Nero Burning ROM and it goes through Windows Installer Shield and it goes to Windows Installer and gives the following error message "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if Windows is running in safe mode, or the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance." When I try to install InCD, it goes through fine and when I restart an error comes up and says something to the effect of InCD was not installed correctly, please reinstall. The amount I am trying to burn is approx. 270 MB onto a 700 MB disk. I will try an updated version of nero on their website this afternoon. Thanks in advance!

Team48Lowes

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 11:59:46 AM »

All is good, I just repaired my OS. Thank you for your help.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: