MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: Problems with PowerDVD 6 Deluxe
April 07, 2020, 04:00:09 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 07, 2020, 04:00:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problems with PowerDVD 6 Deluxe  (Read 1542 times)
corolla315

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2005, 10:50:01 AM »

Hi everybody,

I just installed successfully the trial version of PowerDVD 6 Deluxe but unfortunately when I doubleclick on the executable file to run or open this program, nothing happens as if I do nothave this software on my PC. But yes I do have it - it s normally installed in my Program files. I read on Cybelink site the minimum requirements necessary for this software to run smoothly and I think I'm fine. Just to let you know maybe I missed something,my PC system ismade up of the following:- Microsoft Windows Professional Version 2 XP Service Pack 2-Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.66GHZ and 512MB RAM-I have currently over 3gigs of free hard disk space...Can someone please tell me what's causing this problem?Maybe you had a similar problem with a different software...and so you can help....I thank you in anticipation for your help.

Best Regards,
Corolla

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 10:03:42 PM »

Is it listed in the Add/Remove Program Files?

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 12:37:24 PM »

Hi Geekgirl,

Actually yes - it is listed in the Add/Remove Programs. I also tried to run this PowerDVD version both from the shortcut as well from the .exe file in the Cyberlink folder being "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe".

Thanks for your reply.

Best Regards,

Corolla

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 01:17:24 PM »

Uninstall via Add/Remove Programs and delete the folder in the Program files and reinstall again.

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 03:35:01 PM »

I just followed your instructions and did what you told me.....still the same exact symptoms I had before...when I doubleclick the PowerDVD icon nothing happens....and now I checked the windows task manager just after i clicked on the icon: in the applications tab PowerDVD is not listed whilst under the Processes Tab there are 2 programs running related to PowerDVD being [1]PDVDServ.exe and [2] PowerDVD.exe. It's like it is running somewhere in the backgound....hope this might help.10x

corolla315

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 09:26:54 PM »

Hi,

Yesterday I decided to send my problem to Cyberlink. They suggested to disable the antipsyware software and the Service Pack 2 pop up blocker. I disabled only my Antispyware Software and tried to open PowerDVD. The problem was solved immediately without disabling the Windows pop up blocker. When then I enabled again Microsoft Antispyware, I closed PowerDVD and strangely (at least for me) enough when I tried to open again PowerDVD, it opened successfully again!! I don t know how to explain it but the most important thing is that it s working properly now.

I still thank anybody who tried to help me and who was interested in this topic.

I thank also MYTECHSUPPORT for this wonderful opportunity to post PC realted problems.

Best Regards,

Corolla  

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 09:31:54 PM »

Thank you for sharing your progress with us. Strange issue indeed

I will close this thread, if you need it reopened plz pm a moderator

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Jump to: