MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Networking Problems arrow Topic: Internet dosent work
June 03, 2020, 03:16:07 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2020, 03:16:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet dosent work  (Read 1935 times)
Healey_z

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2005, 04:33:12 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP home
Problem Application Name & Version: Network adapter
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Network adapter

i had a problem with my internet, i took it to the shop and i got it fixed. then when i took it home it was ok and ever thing was working fine. then somethng happend with my sound card and i had to get that fixed, now theres somethng wrong with my internet again, all of this happend when i tryed to set up a small home network.... what do i do to fix this? thanks.

elf

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 06:07:11 PM »

What kind of internet do you have (cable, dsl, dialup, etc...)?

If you have cable or dsl, what are the lights on the modem doing? Is there a light on the back of your computer where the cable connects (the cable that goes from the modem to your computer)? Open a command prompt (start > run > type cmd) and type ping 127.0.0.1 and report what it says here.

If you have dialup, please explain what the error message you are recieving says.

omg weeee
Healey_z

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 08:44:11 PM »

I have DSL and the internet works for the other computer on my router which i am using now. i think theres an error with the drivers.

elf

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 09:07:20 PM »

Did you try typing ping 127.0.0.1 in the command prompt? it will tell us whether or not your network card is correctly installed. 127.0.0.1 is a loopback address, it allows your networkcard to ping itself, if it recieves an error message it means your network card is installed incorrectly.

As for the router, you do not need drivers to connect to a router. It is an automatic thing just hook it up and go.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 09:07:52 PM by elf » Logged

omg weeee
Healey_z

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 11:11:20 PM »

Here are some pictures:

elf

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 01:10:30 PM »

Ok, well from those pictures it's obvious you have a problem with your network card. Do you have a driver cd or floppy? If not we can find your drivers online, but it's just easier if you have the original drivers.

the 1394 connection there is a firewire connection and won't connect you to the internet. can you ping the other computer on your network?

omg weeee
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: