MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Blue screen and System Failure Problems!
June 03, 2020, 02:45:24 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2020, 02:45:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blue screen and System Failure Problems!  (Read 1647 times)
mallett

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2005, 12:49:01 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP SP2

Hi everyone,

I have been having nothing but problems with my computer lately!  I seem to have a problem with blue screens and my computer isn't feeling too well!

Here's what's happening.......

system reboots itself at startup.
blue screens randomly appear and the problem starts again!
Managed to get comp to boot to desktop by pressing F8 and going to " Last Good System Configuration"

and I got this message:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows has recovered from a serious error.

DETAILS:

ERROR SIGNATURE:

BCCode: c5 BCP1 : QA060002   BCP2 : 00000002   BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 8054AE2D   OSVer : 5_1_2600   SP: 2_0   Product : 256_1

Reporting Details:

This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Microsoft Windows when the problem occured, the operating system version and computer hardware in use, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer.

We do not intentionally collect your name, address, email address or any other form of personally identifiable information.  However, the error report may contain customer-specific information in the collected data files.  While the information could potentially be used to determine your identity, if present, it will not be used.

The data that we collect will only be used to fix the problem.  If more information is available, we will tell you when you report the problem.  This error report will be sent using a secure connection to a database with limited access and will not be used for marketing purposes.

Technical information:

The following files will be included in this error report::

C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYLO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER02db.dir00\Mini080905-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYLO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER02db.dir00\sysdata.xml

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I then connected to the net and seconds later a blue screen appeared (not sure if that was by conicidence?) saying:

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing.

Technical info:

*** STOP : 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0XB927AAEB, OXB7OB3770, 0X00000000)

*** Klif.sys - Address B927AAEB base at B926D000, Datestamp A2B1B27C

beginning dump of physical memory to disk.

0-100 (then reboots)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I then pressed F8 at reboot

selected " Disable Automatic Restart on system failure "

Managed to boot back to desktop and got another windows error box

I also noticed that the files (under technical information) were temp files, I ran CCcleaner and removed all temporary system files.

minutes later: ( didn't connect to the net )

BLUE SCREEN AGAIN !

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down.

Run a system diagnostics utility, run a memory check, and check for faulty or mismatched memory.

Try changing Video Adaptors.

Disable or remove and newly installed hardware and drivers.  Disable or remove any newly installed software.  If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP : 0X0000007F ( 0X000 etc... (ALL ZEROS)

- I opened up my case and discovered i had:

2x 512mb DDR PC333
and
1x Elixir 256mb DDR - 266mhz PC2100

so i removed the 256mb

The computer ran perfectly for one day

Then another blue screen appears!

At this stage i can only boot into safe mode!!!

I don't know what the problem is but it seems to be intermittant and annoying at that!

I tried opening windows media player this morning and it came up with a random error then the blue screen appeared directly after!

I really don't know what is wrong with my computer! Does it sound more like a hardware or software issue?

Additional info:

System Temp: 32 Degrees C
CPU Temp: 90 Degrees C

My HDD is very noisy aswell!

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks

mallett

elf

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 06:41:11 PM »

wait...your CPU temp is 90degrees celcius? I think we have found the culprit...

Your CPU should NEVER get above about 70celcius

omg weeee
mallett

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 04:22:26 PM »

hmm good call.

I don't know much about hardware but would you say i need to replace the cpu or the fan or both? or... could it possibly be the mobo?

Where should I start?

many thanks for the reply elf Smiley

peace,

mallett

elf

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 08:43:55 PM »

You may be able to get away with replacing the heatsink. Make sure when you take off the old one you clean your processor top (the surface that touches the fan) with like a q-tip and rubbing alcohol (or arctic silver surface cleaner) then dry it off.

Apply some arctic silver 5 or a comparable thermal compound to the top of the processor (follow instructions on the product you use or ask here for application instructions). That should help with the temperature significantly, you could also take the side off your case, maybe aim a room fan to blow inside the side of the case.

omg weeee
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: