MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Networking Problems arrow Topic: local area connection status error message
April 06, 2020, 10:32:14 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 06, 2020, 10:32:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: local area connection status error message  (Read 1092 times)
waynesworld

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2005, 05:59:52 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:xp
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:IP address error contact network

I use broadband and have called there support about locaql area connection status problem.  When I boot my computer I immediately get a network connections icon in lower right corner of screen with a yellow triangle.  It says limited or no connectivity.  I cannot get on internet.  I unistalled and installed ethernet drives and this did not work.  I was told to install usb drives to get around problem and I have same error message.  No one is able to help me at Comcast tech support, I called three times.  Any help is appreciated! Thanks
other things I have done are:
unplug modem
and make sure network connections were enabled

wayne1721

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 12:39:04 PM »

Hiya,,regarding the limited or no connectivity message,I get that too and have been getting it for some time,I am still able to connect to ISP and get on the net.I use dsl modem too and have been having different connection problems then you and for a time couldnt connect but in my searching and exerimenting,I found that internet explorer settings greatly affect your internet abilities,I have also uninstalled my isp connection and used connection wizard to set up a new one,it also might help to shut off PC and power down the modem for ten minutes or so then restart modem and then the PC after the modem lights stabilize.
Another problem could be with your ISP,they may be having technical difficulties I know mine was and it was because of Bell`s high speed line which they have been working on for a couple of weeks now.
Hope any of this info helps,,I`m not by any means a tech lol but am learning (slowly) lol

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: