MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Game Problems arrow Topic: Can't find ATR1.exe
March 31, 2020, 01:21:55 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 31, 2020, 01:21:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can't find ATR1.exe  (Read 1947 times)
Hangiber

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2005, 06:35:01 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages: Can't find ATR1.exe

Sad I'm not sure if this is a game related problem... but it seem to come up after I tried to install a game that does not feel like working either. Now when I start my computer I get a "searching for ATR1.exe" thingy with the little flashlight icon... can you tell I'm not much ofa computer expert? Any Ideas?

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 10:40:12 PM »

Hello and Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca

What game did you install? It is looking for that because it is set to run aat startup, the file is either corrupt or is missing. Click Start>Run and type in msconfig, click the Startup tab and remove the check from beside ATR1.exe

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 08:14:23 PM »

I was trying to install Trivial Pursuit Unhinged.... the game doesnt work either. I did what you said (start-up...run...msconfig...etc) Atr1.exe did not appear under start up.... I also did a search for anything with ATR1.exe and nothing came up then either. Thanks anyways for trying to help.

Hangiber

Hangiber

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 08:20:26 PM »

The problem with the game I am also having is:
When I try to launch the game I get 2 error messages and I really don't know what they mean. The first one is: "Error Starting Program: The MSVCRT.DLLfile is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL:RtlGetNtVersionNumbers" The second error message is "A device attached to the system is not functioning". I tried
restarting my computer... and uninstalling and re-installing the game but that didn't seem to help. I emailed Tech support @ Atari.com and they told me that I have to put the error message into a knowledge base..... not really sure what that means either.... think I should just toss the game?

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 12:08:27 PM »

quote:
The second error message is "A device attached to the system is not functioning". I tried

Read this
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000362.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=139434

quote:
I emailed Tech support @ Atari.com and they told me that I have to put the error message into a knowledge base..... not really sure what that means either.... think I should just toss the game?

They want you to go to their site and post a question in their FAQ section, there actually may be an answer for you in the FAQ section from a previous person with the same issue

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Jump to: