MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Overclocking, Cooling & Modding Problems arrow Topic: PC won't boot up
April 07, 2020, 04:13:29 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 07, 2020, 04:13:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PC won't boot up  (Read 1699 times)
kool_green

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2005, 05:12:41 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

hey i'm on a:
Windows XP Pro.
My Comp. wont boot up after i overclocked
it running on a:
AMD Athlon XP 2200+ (1.8ghz/ 13.5*133)
Video Card is a NVidia GeForce 4 MX Integrated 64mb
448mb of RAM Memory
a Mad Dog MD-400SCPS 400W PSU
i don't know much about the mobo but i know for sure its a Nforce2
i have a 40gb hard drive (not sure brand maybe Maxtor)
i've got a Sony DVD player Drive in their
also a Plextor CD-RW Burner

so heres the situation...i decided to overclock the amd so to a desired 2ghz so i did it at increments first i did 1.84ghz, then 1.9ghz, than 1.95 and everything was all well , the pc health status showed temp of 42 celcius i also increased the cpu voltage to 1.8V and then increased it to 2ghz and so i saved the changes and then it wouldnt re boot so i shut of the comp. and tried turining it on again but all there is a black blank screen, the PC didnt even beep....so i opened up the case and it appeared everything was working fine...the cd drives i was able to open and close, and the power supply seems fine, and the CPU fan was spinning....so im not sure what  to do now.

Slay3r

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 10:20:11 PM »

Try this un hook your pc take out the cmos batt should put any settings back to Factory not sure on how long it takes but give it 30 mins and be sure to discharge the power it may take longer to reset take out the memory also while your at it to clear the cache.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 10:21:04 PM by Slay3r » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: