MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Press Enter to Align cartridges?
March 31, 2020, 02:16:54 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 31, 2020, 02:16:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Press Enter to Align cartridges?  (Read 1066 times)
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2005, 10:59:55 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows ME
Problem Application Name & Version:hp psc 950
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

When I tried to print a document today, most of it came out blank, so I figured it was time to insert a new black cartridge.  When I did, I got the message to "press enter to align cartridges", but after many attempts, the cartridges would not align.  So then I put in a new coloured cartridge too, but still...no luck. And the test page doesn't show all the various colours, as it should.  I have no idea what to try next, other than taking an axe to the whole system..ha, ha...I feel like that right about now!

A friend told me that printers are so cheap that it's not wise to pay to have them repaired nowadays...but this one...with the fax, copier, printer and scanner....is a bit too expensive to just toss, even though it is 4 or 5 years old!

I phoned HP but my warranty has run out long ago and they said if I wanted to pay, they could put a technician on my case!

Any ideas...anybody?  I was reading about cleaning but didn't get into that yet.  I've never had anything like this happen previously.  I even put the old cartridges back in, but still no luck re the alignment.

Thanks!

gere

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: