MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Game Problems arrow Topic: Quake 3 Team Arena has stopped Quake 3 Arena
April 06, 2020, 11:47:36 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 06, 2020, 11:47:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quake 3 Team Arena has stopped Quake 3 Arena  (Read 1427 times)
JayBK

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2005, 01:22:44 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP HE SP2
Problem Application Name & Version: Quake 3 Arena/Team Arena
Problem Hardware Make & Model: My Computer
Error Messages: (None)

After installing Quake 3 Team Arena, Quake 3 Arena has stopped working but Q3TA works perfectly.

This is what happens when i run Q3A:

After opening the application the Q3A console opens (like the loading screen) and a ZoneAlarm popup appears saying Q3A is trying to "monitor my mouse movements and keyboard strokes" (this was happening before installing Q3TA, and of course i deny it that privilage)then it goes into the intro but it is just white and does not change.

Can someone please help me with this problem?

PS: I was thinking if i could prevent Q3A from asking if it can monitor my mouse and keyboard through the main ZoneAlarm console it may prevent it interupting the loading of Q3A.

Although I am unsure on where in the ZA console i would find this option (I only know how the apply internet acces settings). If someone could help me with this problem that would be great.

Also, why would Q3A want to monitor my mouse movements and keyboard strokes?

Thanks you,
JayBK.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 01:26:06 AM by JayBK » Logged

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 12:59:09 PM »

I'd allow Q3A to monitor the keyboard strokes and mouse movements. I'd say that it monitors them to allow the game work properly, ie. movement etc.

If you're not happy allowing this then you can go to ZoneAlarm and click on the programs tab, here is a list of programs and their access permissions. You set it so that Q3A isn't allowed access. If you do this however, you might have problems with network play.

Ross

You can't hug people with nuclear arms
JayBK

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 10:43:52 AM »

Thanks alot Ross.

I have allowed Quake 3 Arena monitor my mouse movements and keyboard strokes but when i open it, it still just goes to a white screen and does not run the game. Quake 3 Team Arena runs fine though.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 11:16:24 AM by JayBK » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: